Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's all over but the shouting--PLA

I've been to some outstanding programs here at PLA--Minneapolis.

The two perspectives on changing/dropping Dewey were fascinating--real food for thought.

"Dangerous Ideas--What if?" is one that we should continue to ask ourselves all the time--challenging the assumptions and traditions that we have or carry on in libraries.

I also vow (hope?) to be nicer in the way I think about patrons--what can I let them do, instead of how they make me mad.

I want to read nothing but memoirs and books with librarian characters for the next six months!

I'm off to hear Paula Poundstone (will there be shouting? I don't know). Then a walk to the Minneapolis sculpture garden, and the Macy's flower show. I meet the airport shuttle at 5.

Tomorrow will be full of hugging my boys, laundry, and quilting. My feet also need a good soak and rest.

No comments: